4 top book recommendations
Books can be a beautiful way to unwind and lean into another place. I personally love to read to learn and then to put what i've learnt into action. The below recommendations are books that have been complete game changes for me. If you do read them, I would love to hear your thoughts and takeaways from them as we are all taking things in from an individual lens!
1. The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
2. Eat that Frog by Brian Tracy
3. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
4. The Gift of Imperfection by Brene Brown
5 best tips to bring calm into your day
Having a sense of calm in the day can reconnect you to those around you and most importantly reconnect you back to yourself. Some of these things can take only a few minutes to do and will reset your focus and shift your outlook.
1. Spend 5-10 mins with your breath. Close down your eyes (with or without relaxing music) and breathe deeply 6 seconds in and 6 seconds out.
2. Get outside (whatever the weather) and tune into your senses. What sounds do you hear? Touch the ground, feel the grass within your fingers. Go through each of the senses and notice them. Is there a breeze?
3. Do a spot of cleaning. If you're at your desk, clean out the top draw and reorganise it. If you are at home, empty out a draw and clean it and put the contents back in a more organised way. It can be so empowering and get get your momentum going to increase the productivity for the rest of the day.
4. Say a mantra or an affirmation that resonates for you. A simple one I love to use if my mind is overloaded is 'I am not my thoughts' another one is simply the word 'focus'. I have often used this one in the car if I feel clouded and need more calm and clarity. Give it a try.
5. Call someone who uplifts you or reach for your favourite song or podcast. Shifting the focus from you and the thoughts to something or someone you love can have incredible benefits. It doesn't have to be a long call or long podcast, just engage in the connection and really be present.
I would love to hear how these tips have been helpful to you in your day to day. Reach out and connect!
News & Tips
I believe that everybody, not just my loyal clients, should have access to the information and tools that will lead to more positive and fulfilling life pursuits. Check out some of the stories and resources below and contact me if you want to learn more.